Friday, February 13, 2009

What a week!

Whew, it is the end of a fun, long, exhausting CRAH week for me. I worked there sun,mon,tues,thurs,fri. Today I was in the stucco class- so much fun. I really like stucco- there is really an art to it, kind of like masonry. I have really developed so much more respect for the brothers in all the trades that have been doing it for a long time. All of the classes I have attended at CRAH have just emphasized the fact that a lot of thought, technique, and very hard work goes into constructing a building.
I was talking to Russ today about the concrete pour that happened this week, and he said that the guy that comes in to inspect the flatness and levelness (I don't think thats a word- oops) of the floor said that ours was the best he's inspected. When Russ told him the floor was done by volunteers, the man couldn't believe it. It is amazing what willingness and holy spirit can do!
Sorry I don't have any pics of the stucco class- I was concentrating too hard and forgot to take some. Well, I need to go to bed- will write more later:-)

No comments: