

Today we had our Masonry refresher class. It was so nice to get some good practice in before the huge undertaking of masonry work begins on the assembly hall! This time we built walls out of block instead of brick. The block is much heavier, so you have to work in teams of two and lift them together. The entire class worked on one practice wall this time instead of a bunch of mini walls. This was kind of fun- our group played telephone while we were working. I have not played that in years! I would have taken more pics, but my camera battery died right in the middle:-( So here are a couple of pics of us buttering the bricks.
Oh, and a little teaser of something to come: Britney, Kellyn and I were working on a "Crownsville Masonry" Song. (Well, sort of a rap.) We are in the process of coming up with the lyrics, so if we ever have a Crownsville talent show, we can perform it! (I know... I will have no dignity left;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment