So here is a sum up of last year (it is weird to say that... last year was yesterday;-)
A lot of good and bad things happened in 2008. I must say I grew up a lot last year. I learned a lot of things from my experiences. Here are some of the big things that happened:
1)I went back on the regular pioneer list Jan. 1st 2008 after a year and a half absence. Yay! Now that it is 2009 I am starting my 5th year of Regular Pioneering! Woohoo!
2)2008 was my first full year in Maryland away from all my family and friends in California. I survived:-) And I only went to visit cali once.
3) I gained and lost my first roommate. (learned a lot!)
4) I gained and lost my second boyfriend. (Learned even more!)
5) I have been able to volunteer regularly at the Crownsville Assembly hall build since the beginning in March/April- and still growing strong! Skills I have learned: Masonry, Carpentry, Concrete, Metal Studs, Landscaping, Rebar, Food Service.
I have really felt Jehovah's protection and support by holy spirit in 2008. What a privilege to be serving him! I am so excited for 2009- it is going to be an AMAZING year. We will finish CRAH this year. After that I will be moving back home to Cali. I will be going to two international conventions this year! One in San Diego at my families convention, and the other in Vienna, Austria! I can't wait to meet new people and see these new places.
In conclusion- a little note: Thank you so much to the friends here in Maryland who have helped me get through some of the hardships and homesickness, and a special thank you to my parents, who have been there for me in so many ways even though they are 3,000 miles away!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
heres looking at you, kid
we will always have crownsville
guess what movie i just watched?
you also have arizona and if you wanted, possibly the DR.
as for bf's, who needs 'em? ha!
here's looking at you, kid
we will always have Crownsville
guess what movie i just watched?
you also have Arizona A.H. and possibly the DR
as for bf's, who needs 'em? ha!
Oh yes...the losing of friends and boyfriends, while painful at the time, teach you so much, and you're almost always better after! So I give you much credit for learning those lessons and growing :-D
We miss you here, and look forward to seeing you when you visit again. Convention yes? ;-)
Post a Comment