





Today I worked on Metal studs. It was so wonderful because I didn't get dirty at all! That is a rarity for me:-) We were up on the roof screwing in these clips to the studs and also using a special screw gun to shoot them into the steel. This screw gun was unlike any other I had ever seen before- it actually looked like a real gun (or at least to me- the only real guns I've ever seen have been in movies.) You held it like a real gun, it sounded like a real gun when you shot it- I was fascinated. It kind of scared me, but I think the little kid inside of me was like "cool! I want to shoot stuff!" It was extremely loud though. I think I might have lost some hearing today:-p
Then in the afternoon we were screwing together pieces of studs to make an L shape- we had to make 300 of them! It was really fun though. The weather was so nice today, and the people on my crew were fun.
One brother said something today that stuck with me and really gave me chills when I thought about it. He was talking about how we are building this assembly hall to last through Armageddon. We are making it hurricane proof, earthquake proof, etc. So in effect we are already starting the building work for the new world! Not only are we building a structure that will be used in the new system, but we are in the training for the rebuilding work that will happen after Armageddon. Isn't that amazing to think about? What a privilege to be able to work at CRAH! I wish I could be there every day and not have to work anywhere else;-)
Anyway, here are some pics of the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment