Last week was quite a busy week at crah, as usual. Monday it was FREEZING!!!!!!! It was 15 degrees outside, and windy! I worked on metal studs that day. It was actually really fun- I went in the scissor lift and worked on scaffolding the whole day, so I didn't even get dirty... for once:-) But my face felt like it was being poked with needles all day. I really like metal stud work though!
On Friday, I worked with the Masonry crew, and it was so exciting, because instead of just being a tender to the experienced masons, I was laying block! It was so much fun. Brother John Kimmel took me under his wing and was giving me advice and help- what an excellent teacher. Actually, some of you peeps back home might know him- he used to live in Vista a long time ago and was in the Foothill Congregation! We spent a lot of time talking about people we both know. He knows the Hammers and Bradshaws and people like that.
On Saturday I was a tender to the second masonry class going on- I took a lot of pictures for brother Sabin and helped refill mortar when people needed it. I also worked with Linda Pulliam for a large part of the day- we build a brick wall together. She and I go way back- we were buddies when we both used to work in the kitchen. We've come a long way, Linda! :-)
One great thing about this weekend was that I was actually able to socialize with people after the workdays- I don't normally get to do that because I always have to leave and go do my secular work. But not this time! Friday night was family game night- we played a bunch of board games. I played Taboo and... I can't remember the name of the other one. The one where you have cards that say wheat/barley/corn, etc. and you yell out "Two! One! Three!" Anyone remember the name of that one? Then Saturday night a group of us went out to eat at this Italian Market nearby. They had gelato too- yum.
Another important thing that happened this week- we had our last bookstudy! It was so bittersweet. I am happy for the new arrangement, but I will miss going to bros ans sis houses and hearing all the really personal comments. We had our last goodynight:-(
I have come to a realization recently. I am horrible and guessing people's ages. At CRAH, if a person is in their forties, I think they are 29ish. If they are 17/18 I think they are 24. Man, Kelsi, get it together!
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
the game is called "Pit". fun game based on the commodities markey and not Violent by design
Post a Comment