Last night was our congregation pioneer meeting. I look forward to this every year, because our elders really go out of their way to show their appreciation to the pioneers. We really feel loved! The meeting was encouraging as always, but one thing I found interesting was our discussion of the difference between understanding and insight. Here are the definitions:
Understanding: 1) Mental process of a person who comprehends; comprehension; personal interpretation. 2) knowledge or familiarity with a particular thing; skill in dealing with or handling something.
Insight: 1) an instance of apprehending the true nature of the thing, esp. through intuitive understanding. 2) Penetrating mental vision or discernment; faculty of seeing into inner character or underlying truth.
I never thought about the difference between those two words before. The theme of the meeting was using insight in our ministry, when we deal with those in the congregation, and in handling personal matters.
After the meeting, we went to the Najjar's house for dinner. The elders all pitched in and got us gift bags with useful things we would need as pioneers. They also made little framed "Certificates of Appreciation" for our years in the pioneer service. We felt so special:-) Thank you elder body!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, that's really nice!
ALso, I saw your masonry class photos... that looks hard! And I was surprised to see mostly sisters in the class. Coolio.
Thanks for your bit of pio mtg notes! I love it when people actually remember enough to share.
Post a Comment