Sunday, July 26, 2009

Stuff, stuff and more stuff.

Hello everyone! Just thought I'd update on what I've been up to. This first picture is of the house I'll be moving into soon! My parents bought the house (it was a foreclosed house, 3 bedrooms - they got it for really cheap) and are fixing it up and turning it into 2 apartments. My sister Kaleena and I are going to rent them. I won't be able to move in until the end of summer or early fall. We are already starting some of the work- I've just been given the job of pressure washing the outside, painting the trim, and painting the brick wall fence that surrounds the house. I will post updates when its done:-)

The week before last my sister's bf came to visit from Florida, so we took him around to see the sights of San Diego. We went to a concert, Padres game, and the beach. The beautiful beach pictures are about 15 mins from my parent's house, and a couple blocks from my sister's apt.


Below is a pic of my dessert I got from Extraordinary Desserts, a place I will have to take some of you when you come visit!
Other than that it has still been service, service, service. We leave to go to the International Convention in Austria in 6 DAYS! Can you believe it? I am so excited. So much to do. We leave August 1st and come back August 16th. My next post will probably be in August about the trip!

Thank you so much for the CRAH pics some of you sent! I almost wanted to cry, it looks so beautiful. I miss you all, miss working at CRAH, and I can't wait to come back and see it completed (hopefully at the dedication?;-) Keep in touch!

3 comments:

Princess Agata said...

Nice place! I am glad to see you are starting to prepare a place for when I come to visit!!! :)

Kathryn Doyle said...

Hey,sis!

I'm from Texas and just moved to Maryland - my first 2 day in MD is at Crownsville next Saturday! That's how I found your blog - I was googling it.

What a blessing your efforts have been, it's so beautiful :)

Where exactly is Monocacy? We're trying to find our place here since moving and are still sort of looking. Anyway, I would have emailed you directly but, you are wise not to include a contact link, really.

Btw, I've lived in SoCal before. I sooo miss that view! Thanks for putting the pics up!

With Love,
A Sister

Jennie said...

Sounds like you're having a blast!
I love California! I've been a few times and really want to go back after seeing your pic's! Especially the beautiful sunset one!

Have fun and stay safe.

Jennie :)