Monday, July 13, 2009

Hello from Cali!





Hey everyone, so sorry it has taken me forever to post something. Since I got home I have been crazy busy!
The drive back was successful- long, but successful. Here are the states we drove through: Maryland, Virginia, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, then California! we spent the night in Random hotels in Tennessee, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. It took us four days to drive back. We rented a Penske truck and towed my car behind. Whew, I was so glad when the drive was over! It was interesting to see the terrain changes across the country though:-)
So what have I been doing since I got back? Field Service, field service, field service. My mom and younger sister are regular pioneers as well, and we are trying to get 100 hrs for the month of July. We will be gone for the International convention for 2 weeks in August, so we have to prepare for that! Last week and this week is the pioneer school, and my younger sister is going. My mom and I have taken over some bible studies for a sister who is going to the school for her second time. Last weekend we had a huge garage sale with some sisters. I went to a concert with my older sister that she won tix from the radio. Last night I went to a live band karaoke event with my friend Jackie- we both sang, woohoo!
I am looking for a job, but I can't really apply for anything until we get back from Europe, so right now I am doing various odd jobs, mostly for my parents. Thanks to all the skills I got at CRAH, I feel a lot more confident:-)
I miss everyone in MD, and I especially miss CRAH! Send me pics of the progress, peeps! One thing that I am really enjoying is the MEXICAN FOOD here. Aaaahhhhhhh...... I love it so much. I forgot how much I used to eat it.
A few things have changed here since I left- several sisters who were pregnant have little two year olds running around. There are new street signs and several new fire stations here. (I guess they want to be better prepared, finally) But I will admit, the biggest change is ME. I am a different person from what I was 2 years ago. I am definitely glad I went to Maryland.
Well, I will post more stuff later. ( I have to go finish painting my parent's bedroom:-) For this post, here are a few pics from the drive (check out the tennessee storefront- heehee!) and a pic of my plate from one of my favorite restaurants!

4 comments:

Princess Agata said...

I can tell you are happy to be back in Cali...but we miss yoo so. Love you. Agata

Anonymous said...

Oh that Mexican food looks wonderful!!

We sure do miss you!

Love,

Jeff and Jeanette

Unknown said...

Hey Kelsi. It's Jill B. Glad your home safe and thanks for keepin up your blog. I don't know why but I lov it!! Just wanna say we miss you here at CRAH. It looks beautiful with a waterfall, no more scaffolding outside and 1 last visit from Andrew and Ethan DeHer! I got a chance to PAB the sign on the front but this weekend I am at convention so Jonathan and Amy and Jude get to put the finish on. I'm jealous but I'm sure they will do an excellent job. Write soon or whenever you get a chance. luv ya

Jackie said...

LIVE BAND KARAOKE!!!!!!!!!! I had so much fun!!! A sister in my hall has a pera-professional k-system, we'll have to have a party when you get back! how long are you gone for, by the way? I'm so jealous....