Today was just a fabulous day, and I felt the need to blog about it. I went to CRAH, and worked on waterproofing the block again. I pretty much spent the whole day with two sisters that are becoming my good friends- Amy Archuleta and Cassie Hirmer. It is so refreshing to hang out with them, because they are both single pioneer sisters, and we have a lot in common. (I should have taken a pic of us. Darn!) We spent the whole day talking while we worked, and spent a good two hours singing kingdom melodies. Amy has this amazing memory, where you can say, "What is Song 88?" and she'll say "oh, thats Prayer of Jehovah's Servant" and be able to sing it and know most of the words. So we tested her knowledge and sang a ton of songs:-) Fun!
I worked until dinner, which I never get to do, because normally I have to drive home and do my secular work. But I had today off. After dinner, the brothers brought out a ping pong table and we played- one of these days I will beat Jerry! Amy used to be a hairdresser, and she brought her tools today and gave Cassie a haircut. During the haircut, Cassie and I were practicing harmonizing. We sang "You are my sunshine" and after a few failed attempts, we got it down! We are next going to try to figure out how to harmonize "More than words." Its a work in progress:-)
I have been trying to get more people from my hall to come work at CRAH. It is so hard to describe the amazing feeling you get after working there. I dont think people can really "get it" until they've worked there. It is literally like spending a day in the new world. Working shoulder to shoulder with all types of brothers and sisters, where everyone is so excited and happy to be there, and everyone swaps stories and helps each other out. You meet so many people- people who have similar goals and have done amazing things in Jehovah's service. These people really are the "cream of the crop"! Some of my favorite parts are morning worship and experiences at lunch. We do the text in the morning like they do at Bethel, and at lunch they will have a new experience shared each day. Some of them have been amazing, touching stories involving people that are right there at CRAH! Whenever I work there, I completely forget about any problems or stresses I have going on in my life, and just enjoy the experience. Its like you get to escape from normal life for a while. I think the best thing is that everyone there knows that we are right in the middle of one of those life changing experiences we will never forget for the rest of our lives. We have made new friendships that we will keep forever, have learned new things and attained new skills that will only give us more opportunities to reach out in the future. And we will have awesome memories from the 2 years where we devoted so much time to help build a place of worship for Jehovah.
Ok, I know that was a little wordy- but I just felt inspired:-)
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How exciting! It's nice you got a glimpse of the restoration work in the new system - something most of us find it hard to comprehend! It mskes me happy knowing my friends can fin d that much joy in Jehovah's service. It truly is a spiritual paradise! - Jackie F, SD Cali
It's awesome you have such a spiritual perspective. It is really encouraging to go there and I'm glad you are enjoying it so much. Miss you!
Post a Comment