Monday, November 10, 2008

"The Stare"


I love period movies. Something about the polite manners, very subtle innuendo, and romance of it all is so intriguing to me. I love how in those movies it is all about what is not said. So much is said with a look. However, sometimes I think they go a little overboard with the looks. Tami and I were talking about this movie she saw on TV which was a period film set in Russia, and it was about this girl who was madly in love with this guy who didn't give her the time of day. Typical unrequited love story: I love them. But she said the entire movie she was waiting and waiting for something to happen, but the girl basically stared at him longingly for the entire movie! She said they finally talked towards the end of the movie, but nothing happened! No dramatic kiss, tears, maybe some good yelling or something, nothing! I mean, come on! Wasting two hours of you life watching people stare at each other? I decided that I would be very good at acting in one of those movies. I can stare pretty well, don't you think?

4 comments:

Joellyn said...

That was a very good you-misunderstood-me-and-don't-realize-my-actions-were-out-of-love stare.

I want to see you do a I'm-trying-to-move-on-with-my-life-despite-my-love-for-you-and-everything-reminds-me-of-you-but-no-one-notices stare.

kelseroo said...

haha, maybe I'll start a "stare of the week" segment. It is kind of fun to do faces in front of the mirror.

Unknown said...

Girl -you have an excellent stare!!! You should have been born & lived 200 yrs ago. Then you could STARE & experience FEVER.

Actually there were tears shed at the end of the movie but NO kissing!! I mean come on!!

Sabrina said...

That was an awesome stare. If we put your stare and my silent film gaze together, we could take over the world. :D