Saturday, October 4, 2008

Strange (but cool) encounters

So today I worked at Crownsville again, and it was a pretty normal day- get up at 3:30am, leave my house at 4:15, get to the site at 5:30 and work till 2. At breakfast, I noticed a brother across the dining hut and did a double take. Could that be Byron Deitrich? It was!!!!! I walked over and said hi, and Byron freaked out, he was so surprised and excited. He is a brother who was in my congregation when we lived in Visalia when I was 7yrs old! His daughter Amy and I were best friends when we were little! I have not seen him in probably 10-12 years at least. That was so cool and strange! I guess assembly hall builds attract people from all over. He was updating me on how his family is doing- Amy is doing good, his son Hans is doing good. Hans in in Germany right now helping out an English group. I thought, wow, that is so weird that a nerdy kid who used to play barbies with us is now an adult and living in Germany! He fits right in, I bet- I mean, his name is Hans:-)
Anyway, I just thought that encounter was kind of cool. It is such a small world in Jehovah's organization.

No comments: