Sunday, September 21, 2008

Some Yummy Recipes

So my roommate moved out exactly one week ago:-) I did get a few good recipes from her, so I thought I would post them. They are very easy and fast to make!

Chicken TNT

1-1.5lb chicken skinless boneless thights/breasts
Dice up and cook in pot with oil.
Add:
5 cans mexican Rotel tomates
1 packet taco seasoning
1 packet dry onion soup mix
fresh cilantro

Let simmer low to medium heat for 20-30 mins. Serve over rice. Serve with cheese and sour cream. (I like to wrap mine inside a tortilla for a Chicken TNT burrito!)

Red Beans and Rice

1/2 onion chopped
1 can kidney beans
1 cup rice
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup cheddar cheese

Drain beans and reserve juice- add water to make 2.5 cups liquid. Combine beans, rice, onions, garlic salt, and chili powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes covered. Remove from heat until liquid is absorbed and then put cheese on it till it melts.

No comments: